Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.macinn.co.uk.
1. What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we collect from you directly can include your name, email address, mobile/landline telephone number, date of birth, address, your purchasing activity, your credit, or debit card or other payment information, and information you give us when you contact our customer services team, when you engage with our social media platform (for example by tagging us in a post on Instagram) or when you sign up for our services If you are using a mobile device and shopping with us online or browsing our website, we may collect your IP address or other device identifier, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other portable device information. *We use this information on an anonymous basis and will never use it to identify any particular user. We won’t be able to link this data to any other data that we hold about you and the purpose of collecting this data is to perform analysis and to help us identify people flows around our services to maximize the efficiency of our services.
2. When do we collect your personal data?
- When you purchase products and services from us online, or over the phone
- When you contact us or we contact you to take part in surveys, competitions or promotions
- When you contact our customer services team online or over the phone
- When you engage with us on social media (by mentioning/tagging us or by contacting us directly)
3. How do we use your personal data and what are our legal justifications for doing so?
To make our products and services available to you We use your personal data to provide you with the information, products and services that you request or purchase from us (i.e. to complete certain tasks, processes or orders on our website , take payment online (where applicable) and deliver your products or services), and to communicate with you regarding those products and services that you purchase from us and respond to your questions and comments; We may also use your personal data to measure how satisfied our customers are and provide customer service (including troubleshooting in connection with purchases or your requests for services or when you ask us questions on social media); We rely on our contractual arrangements with you as the lawful basis on which we collect and process your personal data when you make an order for products and services. Alternatively, in some cases, we rely on our legitimate interests as a business (for example, to measure customer satisfaction and troubleshoot customer issues). Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights. For administrative and internal business purposes We may use your personal data for our internal business purposes, such as enhancing our site, improving our services and products and identifying usage trends. We may also use your data to monitor the use of our website and ensure that our website is presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and your device and setting default options for you (such as language and location); It is in our legitimate interests as a business to use your personal data in this way. For example, we want to ensure our website is customer friendly and works properly and that our products and services are efficient and of high quality. We also want to make it easy for you to interact with us. Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights. For security and legal reasons We use your personal data to:
- ensure the personal and financial information you provide us is accurate;
- conduct fraud checks or prevent other illegal activity;
- protect our rights or property (or those of others); and
- fulfil our legal and compliance-related obligations.
In some cases, we will use your personal data because it’s necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation (such as if we receive a legitimate request from a law enforcement agency). In other cases (such as the detection of fraud) we will rely on our legitimate interests as a business to use your personal data in this way. Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
4. Who do we share your personal data with?
We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party. We Don’t share your personal data with any third party service providers or our group companies.
5. Your rights
You have a number of rights relating to your personal information and what happens to it. You are entitled to:
- have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way;
- access personal data we hold about you;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data;
- require us to delete personal data concerning you in certain situations where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it;
- request that we transfer your personal data to you or another service provider in a simple, structured format;
- object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- object to automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data; and
- otherwise restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
You can read more about your rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, in the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public. You also have the right to complain about our use of personal data to the ICO. You can do these by contacting the ICO via their website https://ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 0303 123 1113.
6. Changing your preferences
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us about our products or services, or for other marketing purposes, you can amend your preferences or unsubscribe by contacting us. We want to ensure that all the information we have about our customers is factually correct and up to date. If you find that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate or needs updating (for instance, you may have changed your name or address) then please contact us so that we can correct it.
7. Security and retention of your personal data
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity. macinn.co.uk does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.